I very much like this task of Day 4, as I got to learn a lot from Celestine Chua’s article where she mentioned about Newton’s third law. I have always learnt about it in college or university but it never came to my mind that one day I might actually relate it to this context where you are actually applying the force on the environment which in turn exerts back this force in form of a resistance force. So it goes against you creating obstacles. Moreover the bigger your dreams, the more complicated are the obstacles.
There are two problems I am currently facing:
1. To control my anger – However it’s hard to manage it in certain circumstances, I feel either too excited or weak to be happy and it’s really obvious when I am angry.
2. To lose weight which is so difficult like I mentioned in the post for Day 3. I have a big temptation for food, say food cravings which I can’t definitely resist. I eat for emotional reasons, or whenever I feel stressed or even when I’m happy.
Creating a positive belief to help me overcome these obstacles:
1. As mentioned before, I am concentrating on the Law of attraction for weight loss, the pictures are already there on my vision board and I sincerely believe i will overcome this problem soon, without any difficulty as in previous situations.
2. Whenever I’m angry, I try to find some other tasks to do rather than creating a fight which will eventually hurt me more. So i decide to watch more of these law of attraction videos on You Tube to manage my anger. I can spend hours visualizing these powerful subliminal videos since they have created great wonders in my life.
“I’ve the power to overcome any obstacle that stands in my way.”
Today’s task consists of clearing the self-limiting beliefs in my goal or dream and to identify some steps to make it happen.
I have many dreams and goals that are still in a pending mode in my mind. I feel unmotivated to continue to pursue those dreams certainly because i have tried in the past and failed several times, leading to a big disappointment. But today, I will definitely address each of the root cause for these blockages which are certainly driving my goals far away from me.
Here is the list of dreams and goals and the reasons I’m not pursuing them:
1. I want to lose weight but I can’t seem to do it appropriately since I easily pick the weight up soon after a particular diet. I definitely feel discouraged to move forward.
2. I really do want to start my blog and do some writing, but I feel that I should be well prepared like a professional writer to start writing. Besides I have already planned on several occasions about starting to write my books, but I always find an excuse to underestimate my writing skills.
Now it’s time to change this self limiting belief and take actions for this to happen:
1. I can easily lose weight, I just need more motivation from others. I am ready to start a good relationship with my food. Already I have several pictures of healthy food and exercises on my vision board, and I would certainly work on my visualisation and focus so that the universe manifests my wish. Besides this blog of mine will certainly help me keep a record of my future diets.
2. When I created this blog to carry out the affirmation challenge, I felt like now I’m going to be the writer I always wanted to be. I will definitely start writing no matter how, and will certainly make a successful blog with my ebooks published in it.
“I can achieve anything I want, as long as I set my heart to it.”
This is Day 2 of the challenge. I sincerely did not have time to tackle each challenge on their specific day as appeared on Celestine Website, but it’s amazing that Celestine has provided a break for some of us to catch up with the challenge.
So let’s begin with the task:
Well for ages I have created this direct self-hate without really being conscious. I was always a lonely child with few friends ( sometimes if I had friends, I would soon discover they betrayed me and hated me), therefore I was stuck in my inner little world where I would seek refuge, but I did not know that I would allow myself to harbor both good and bad thoughts about myself( most of them being bad). I had serious trouble when it came to my looks, my physical body( I used to have some skin problems) or my behaviour. I would look at myself as a totally different child, I couldn’t behave like them, I considered myself as a sad child with too much to worry at such a tender age. I would cry and spent hours to ask God why He did not make me like others, beautiful perfect looks without flaws, and with a more versatile behaviour like my friends. Sometimes I was bullied by some friends, and hated by some teachers and this traumatic experience has made me hate myself even more. My only ability was that of my academic tasks , my school work. I would only concentrate on my studies and family since these two factors were the only peace and happiness I would get in my life.
Today when I see myself writing these self-hating thoughts down here, I can realise how wrong I was and how much I have been tormenting myself in a very negative way. I feel like I’ve hurt my soul too much and now is time to change all these thoughts. I have come to love myself, my physical appearance so much right after I met my soulmate who is now my husband. He made me see myself as a beautiful person in all ways. What if my friends did not see the perfect behaviour in me? What if my teacher hated me and always underestimate my academic ability? It does not make any difference now. I am proud to be what I am today. I am caring, loving and nice. Some people always compliment me of my loyal, calm and sweet nature. It is just that right from the beginning, I never met the right people in my life. For the teacher who made bad remarks on me, I forgive him for whatever happened. Finally I grew up to be a teacher and now I will try to teach others how to love themselves instead of creating self-hates.
Action step to love myself today:
- Buy myself this beautiful organizer that I’ve been eyeing for a while, that will be a crucial tool in planning my goals and action steps.
- Read this book that I’ve been meaning to read but have been putting off for a while.
- Give myself a hug.
“I love myself unconditionally.”